10.11.2009

the summer of jessa

The summer of 2009 has been quite a memorable one for me. In fact, the super-awesome-fun-time is what inspired me to start this blog. I figured that allowing folks to live vicariously through me (via this blog) was a favor for the whole world... or something.

The summer started out innocently enough. BAZ's wedding on Memorial Day weekend. Great to start the summer out by seeing some of my favorite LU peeps. There was delicious food, intoxicating beverages and SHOOOOOOTS! Other highlights include the Capitol Green and Kiana hating the shots guy from the night before, during a ride in the elevator. BAZ was a lovely bride. Brian, you're a lucky man to marry my friend. Because then it means you get to be friends with me too. What a trip, eh?

I followed that up with one of my more unique adventures of the summer... participating in the 95.9 Kiss FM Bachelor contest. I totally entered on a whim. Threw my hat in the ring without thinking I would EVER be selected. I was just myself. All I could be. It was between me and "Becki". Yeah, with an i. There were online bios and radio interviews. I was brilliant in some and dreadful in others. I had everyone I knew voting for me... including some dudes from Ireland.

So, I won. I won the date with Kyle the bachelor. I was totally stoked. If nothing else I was getting a free meal at the Melting Pot and got to meet Doug and Mary (the morning show hosts). Check out how much fun we had. There are more photos and a video... go ahead and watch using the link below... I'll wait. P.S. don't mind Mary's camera work.

More Photos

Video Confessional


He was totally into me, right? Wrong. Without going into detail we'll just say I did everything right and he did everything wrong. Obvi. Luckily I had the TRats tickets in my possession. Kyle, if you're reading this, Carla and I had a fantastic time watching Dave Bush warm up about 5' in front of us. Thanks for being a total tool. Moving on...

Two words... Carolina Liar! I saw 'em on a boat in Green Bay. Well, I saw Chad and R
ickard from Carolina Liar. There's like four other dudes in the band. But those two are HOT... and even hotter when they are playing your favorite songs. We enjoyed a boat ride in the bay and down the Fox River. Thanks Foxy Lady II crew and 101.1 radio station (yeah, another radio station promo)... You host a great party. After the acoustic set was done we got to meet the boys and get their autographs. Ok, so maybe Megan and I went back for seconds, but hey... they are famous hotties in band, what did they expect?? Lookit, we're in love...

My summer had a lot of baseball games peppered in. From opening day at the TRats wi
th our winter gear on, to helping the Brewers avoid a sweep by the Cubs at their last meeting at Miller Park. Didn't you see me on the field? Actually, I won the tickets to go to that game from my favorite Brewer blogger Miller Park Drunk. He's funny and drunk. He also doesn't like meeting people that like him. Apparently we've found our first blogger that doesn't appreciate fans or positive attention.

A highlight of the baseball summer had to be the TRats dollar beer night. There were memorable moments... from Bethy cheering me on to find a new shortcut out of the bac
k parking lot ["Do it! Do it! Do it!" rings in my head]...to being a half of a human hamburger. Yep. Human hamburger. It was a race... against my brother.... he cheated.......... i lost. To be honest, I was the one that got all of us into it. Talking to strangers. Thanks to Bethy, Foth, and Josh for humoring me. Megan! Where's that video?! Well, here's a pic to give you an idea for now.

Here's something relatively new... I like to run! Yes, your friend, Jessa, has picked up the running habit. I trained for the Fox Cities Half marathon [my first] and am quite proud of myself for finishing. I got a shiny medal. Lots to learn though. More races to come. There might be some swimming involved. gulp.

The end of summer is always a sad time for me because it means that winter is right around the corner. But making the transition into the fall a little easier was the nuptials of my dear roomie... Kayyyytttteeeee! Kayte and Dan got hitched in Duluth, Minnesota, which, if I may say, is a LoVeLy place. Absolutely took my breath away. [I bet it ain't so pretty in mid-January... waist deep in snow.] Julie was a fantastic date. We tore it up on the dance floor. Kiana and Chad stopped by on their way to Europe.

Shout out to Julie for securing a room with a door directly connecting us to the pool. I don't know how lucky our neighbors were, however. Before we even left the hotel room for the wedding I had decided I was jumping in the pool afterwords... with my dress on. Later, after experiencing the "club" in downtown Duluth for a bit, we decided to turn in for the night. Someone held the door connected to the pool open, so I could run straight through our room and into the pool. It. Was. Awesome. As we were being asked to leave the pool area and go to bed Chad decided to try out a CANNON BALL! into the hot tub. It was probably the funniest thing that happened all weekend. Loved it.

As you can see, the summer was filled with more fun than most people can handle. I just want you to know no one was injured in the preceding stories... well, not seriously anyway. I like to think that fun is something I'm pretty good at. I live life. I love life. I figure if I'm going to do something I'm going to have fun doing it. Hopefully that's how my friends see what it is I'm trying to do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment